Indian Passport Renewal in UAE
Checklist of documents required for Indian passport renewal in the UAE:
- Original copy of your current passport
- Valid ID proof in the UAE
- You may have to carry an expired UAE residence visa, for specific cases
- If your residence visa was issued in Abu Dhabi or Al Ain, you need to submit additional documents when applying for passport renewal in Dubai or the Northern Emirates. On the other hand, individuals having their visa issued in Dubai or Northern Emirates need to submit additional documents when applying for passport renewal at Centers in Abu Dhabi or Al Ain.
- Carry valid proof of residency, such as a tenancy agreement, a letter from the employer/ company to prove you live or work in the UAE, when visiting the BLS Centers for Indian passport renewal.
- Police verification is needed for changes in the current passport details, like your name, address, etc.
- However, in case of an emergency, you can request for post-police verification instead of pre-police verification. You can also apply for renewal via Tatkal by paying an extra fee.
- It is important to remember that when you apply for Indian passport renewal in Dubai or other Emirates, you have to be present in person to submit your documents and application at a Center.